Commell LE-37M SBC Taps 8th Gen “Coffee Lake” clocked up to 4.3Ghz
Commell has launched a 3.5-inch “LE-37M” SBC that taps Intel’s 8th Gen H-series CPUs, and features triple displays, 4x USB 3.1, 2x SATA III, 2x GbE, and mini-PCIe and M.2 expansion. Commell has released a number of Intel’s 8th Gen “Coffee Lake” products and they launched the LV-67X industrial Mini-ITX board last August and followed up with a 3.5-inch LS-37L SBC that also supports up to 65W TDP Coffee Lake S-series chips via an FCLGA1151 socket. The LE-37M has a few new features and an FCBGA1440 socket which supports Coffee Lake H-series with more embedded-friendly 45W TDPs.
Commell offers two variants of the SBC, a LE-37M5 SKU with the quad-core, 8-thread Core i5-8400H clocked at 2.4GHz/4.2GHz and a LE-37M7 with the hexa-core, 12-thread Core i7-8850H clocked at 2.6GHz/4.3GHz. A QM370 chipset is present in the SBC, instead of the newer Q370 present on the S-series boards. Just like the earlier Commell SBCs, the LE-37M is available with Windows drivers but can support Linux as mentioned in the manual. The LE-37M is developed for imaging, machine vision, infotainment, medical, and gaming machine applications.
The LE-37M offers twice the RAM as the LS-37L with up to 32GB of dual-channel, 2666MHz DDR4. The LE-37M is also equipped with 2x GbE and 4x USB 3.1 ports, 2x SATA III ports and a mini-PCIe slot with mSATA and PCIe support. The SIM slot has been replaced with an M.2 E-key slot for general-purpose expansion. The LE-37M offers triple display support, but with a slightly different feature set. Instead of a header, there’s a new coastline VGA port in addition to the HDMI port and headers for DVI, LVDS, and an LCD inverter. The LE-37M offers you a choice of Display Port or a second VGA or LVDS header (LS-37MT5 or LS-37MT7 SKUs).
The VGA port substitutes the LS-37L’s DB9 COM port, and instead of 4x RS232 headers you now get two. Available also are headers for 2x RS232/422/485, 4x USB 2.0, and HD audio, GPIO, PS/2, and SMBus. The system offers a 0 to 60°C range and has a wider 9-35V power input. No pricing or availability information is provided for the LE-37M.
Specifications listed for the LE-37M include:
- Processor — Intel 8th Gen “Coffee Lake” H-series with FCBGA1440 socket, QM370 chipset, Intel UHD Graphics, 45W TDP, Core i5-8400H (4x core, 8x thread @ 2.4GHz/4.2GHz), Core i5-8400H (6x core, 12x thread @ 2.6GHz/4.3GHz)
- Memory — Up to 32GB DDR4 (2666MHz) via 2x SODIMMs
- Storage — 2x SATA 3.0 with RAID 0, 1 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology.; mSATA via mini-PCIe
- Display/media: HDMI port, VGA port, DisplayPort or on LS-37MT5 or LS-37MT7 SKUs, a second VGA or LVDS header, LVDS, DVI headers, LCD inverter, Triple display, and 4K support, Audio mic-in/line-in and line-out header (Realtek ALC262)
- Networking — 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports (Intel I211AT and 1219LM); LM port supports iAMT 12.0
- Other I/O: 4x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, 4x USB 2.0, 2x RS-232, 2x RS232/422/485, 8-bit GPIO, SMBus, PS/2
- Expansion — Mini-PCIe slot (mSATA/PCIe); M.2 E-key
- Other features — Watchdog; RTC with battery
- Power — 9-35V DC input
- Operating temperatures — 0 to 60°C
- Dimensions — 146 x 101mm (“3.5-inch form factor”)
- Operating system — Windows 10 drivers; supports Linux