PCIe NVMe FerriSSD – Silicon Motion’s single-chip solid-state drive (SSD) offers high performance
Silicon Motion’s PCIe NVMe FerriSSD consists of the SM689 that supports PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe 1.3 and the SM681 that supports PCIe Gen3 x2 NVMe 1.3. It is optimally designed for high-performance mission-critical applications. The PCIe NVMe FerriSSD combines industry-proven controller technology, NAND flash, and passive components into a single small BGA package to notably simplify design efforts and reduce time-to-market, while protecting from NAND technology migration concerns.
The SM689 supports embedded dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) with data redundancy and the PCIe Gen3 x4 interface which exhibits a sequential read speed of up to 1.45 Gbps and sequential write speed of up to 650 Mbps. The SM681 products feature the best balance of low cost and high performance by eliminating DRAM while maintaining DRAM-like performance via a host memory buffer (HMB). They are both available in 3D triple-level cell (TLC), multi-level cell (MLC), single-level cell (SLC) modes. The unique flexible design can support multiple capacity configurations ranging from 4 GB to 256 GB and includes enterprise-grade, advanced data integrity, and reliability capabilities using Silicon Motion’s proprietary end-to-end data protection, error correcting code (ECC), and data-caching technologies.
- Plug-and-play only requires format/fdisk prior to use
- Small footprint for space-limited designs
- Eliminates the requalification cost from NAND generation change
- Remote firmware updates available via a secured digital signature
- Cost-saving with flexible TLC, MLC, and SLC modes, configurable capacities
- Rugged and reliable (no moving parts)
- Supports S.M.A.R.T. and advanced SSD telemetry logging features
- IntelligentScan and DataRefresh enhances data integrity
- Full end-to-end data path protection with recovery algorithms
- 4th generation low-density parity-check (LDPC) ECC engine with group page RAID
more information: https://www.siliconmotion.com
Join 97,426 other subscribers