Realtek8720DN 2.4G/5G Dual Bands Wireless and BLE5.0 Combo Module
Realtek8720DN is a WiFi and Bluetooth module that has dual bands for WiFi communication. It is worth saying that this little module can support WiFi 5G and Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0 as well. This WiFi and Bluetooth module is a highly integrated WiFi and Bluetooth module with the main chip RTL8720DM, it can be regarded as an SoC for the WiFi and Bluetooth application with typical SBCs.
Except for the main chip, the Realtek8720DN module consists of a high-performance MCU named KM4, a low power MCU named KM0, WLAN (802.11 a/b/g/n) MAC, a 1T1R capable WLAN baseband, RF, Bluetooth, and peripherals. An inner antenna and many interfaces are available in this little WiFi and Bluetooth module.
- WiFi and Bluetooth module.
- Support both WiFi 2.4G and WiFi 5G with protocol 802.11 a/b/g/n 1×1 from 20/40 MHz up to MCS7.
- Support WiFi low power mode.
- Support Bluetooth (BLE) 5.0.
- 1 common ADC interface
- 2 log UART with standard baud rate support
- 1 I2C interfaces are shared with the PWM interfaces
- 1 SPI interfaces are shared with the PWM interfaces
- 4 PWM interfaces
- All of the above interfaces can be used as GPIO
Compare with ESP series, this WiFi and Bluetooth module has more functions like 5G WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0. As a matter of fact, this little module can be widely used for more applications than the ESP series.
You can pre-order the module from seeedstudio.com for $3.90