Ezsbc, an American embedded control solutions retailer, had produced a new development board that simplifies working with ESP32 module and makes it programmable via USB using the Arduino IDE.
The ESP32 is a low cost, ultra low power microcontroller with integrated Wi-Fi & dual-mode Bluetooth, which employs a dual-core Tensilica Xtensa LX6 microprocessor. ESP32 is created and developed by Espressif Systems for mobile devices, wearable electronics and IoT applications. It is a successor to the ESP8266 microcontroller.
Other than the ESP32 module, the board has an FTDI FT231XS USB to Serial converter, a 3.3V LDO, reset and flash switches and a multi color LED. The module can be programmed directly from the Arduino environment with 921600 bps upload speed.
It supports auto-download and will automatically be set in download mode by the downloader. Once the download is complete the board will be reset, just like a normal Arduino board.
Features of the ESP32 board:
- 240 MHz dual core Tensilica LX6 microcontroller with 600 DMIPS
- Integrated 520 KB SRAM
- Integrated 802.11BGN HT40 Wi-Fi transceiver, baseband, stack and LWIP
- Integrated dual mode Bluetooth (classic and BLE)
- 16 MByte flash
- 2.2V to 3.6V operating voltage
- On-board PCB antenna
- 3 x UARTs, including hardware flow control
- 3 x SPI
- 2 x I2S
- 12 x ADC input channels
- 2 x DAC
- 2 x I2C
- PWM/timer input/output available on every GPIO pin
- SDIO master/slave 50 MHz
- Supports external SPI flash up to 16 MB
- SD-card interface support
The board is available for $17 on tindie store. Datasheet, documentation, and schematics are also available there.