MediaTek’s first mmWave 5G chipset, the Dimensity 1050 offers seamless connectivity for 5G smartphones
The Taiwan-based fabless semiconductor company MediaTek announces its first mmWave 5G chipset, the Dimensity 1050 system-on-chip. The mmWaves are used for high-speed broadband access, which will facilitate powering the next generation of 5G smartphones with seamless connectivity. The dual connection using mmWave and sub-6Hz enables the Dimensity 1050 to offer the speeds and capacity required to provide smartphone users with an outstanding experience, even in the most densely populated regions.
The deputy general manager of the Wireless Communications Business Unit at MediaTek, CH Chen, says,
“The Dimensity 1050, and its combination of sub-6GHz and mmWave technologies, will deliver end-to-end 5G experiences, uninterrupted connectivity, and superior power efficiency to meet everyday user demands. With faster, more reliable connections and advanced camera technology, this chip delivers powerful features to help device makers to differentiate their smartphone product lines.”
Combining both mmWave 5G and sub-6GHz, the Dimensity 1050 allows easy migration between network bands. Furthermore, it’s built on the TSMC 6nm production process with an Octa-core CPU, which supports 3CC and 4CC carrier aggregation on the FR1 and FR2 spectrums, respectively. Additionally, two premium Arm Cortex-A78 CPUs with speeds up to 2.5GHz and the latest Arm Mali-G610 graphics engine are included in the SoC.
Features of the Dimensity 1050
- Supports dual 5G SIM (5G SA + 5G SA)
- Facilitates dual VoNR, which removes the LTE anchor, allowing the voice call to stay at a 5G network
- MediaTek MiraVision 760 offers 144Hz full HD+ displays with intense and vibrant colours
- MediaTek APU 550 boosts AI camera action and provides supreme low-light shots with excellent noise reduction
- Simultaneous streaming of both front and rear cameras is enabled for users with a dual HDR video capture engine
- Wi-Fi 6E offers support for superior power efficiency, and the 2×2 MIMO antenna brings faster, more reliable connections
- Supports high-end UFS 3.1 storage and LPDDR5 RAM, ensuring ultra-fast data streams for speedier application performance.
Additionally, to ensure low-latency connections with the new tri-band (2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz), that extends game duration and performance, the Dimensity 1050 delivers Wi-Fi optimizations alongside MediaTek’s HyperEngine 5.0 gaming technology.
MediaTek has further said that smartphones powered by the Dimensity 1050 will be available on the market during the third quarter of 2022. For more information on Dimensity 1050, kindly visit their press release page.