Simplified Contactless Thermometer reference design
Renesas’ reference design considers the thermometer’s range of operation, accuracy, power considerations, and display options.
Renesas’ winning combination IR contactless thermometers are needed for medical applications to monitor an individual’s body temperature before entering any public place. Depending on the target market and application, the thermal range to be monitored, as well as the required accuracy, may differ significantly. This is especially the case when comparing thermometers used in a medical environment versus those used in industrial applications.
This reference design considers the thermometer’s range of operation, accuracy, power considerations, and display options. The design is one possible use case for designers.
- RL78/I1D microcontrollers (MCU)
- Ultra-low power analog 16-bit MCU
- Suitable for applications such as detectors and sensors requiring low power and analog integration
- Enhanced analog functions, such as operational amplifiers, a 12-bit A/D converter, and window comparators
- Supports very low power operation (124 µA at 1 MHz) and a high-speed 4 µs wake up
- RL78/I1B MCU
- High precision low power analog 16-bit MCU
- Low power MCU with 24-bit ΔΣ A/D converter
- RTC backup and high-accuracy oscillator
- Ideal for the electricity meter
- ISL9205 Li-Ion battery chargers
- Single-cell Li-Ion/Li-polymer battery charger
- Operates as a pulse charger, where the charge current is determined by the current limit of the AC adapter during the constant current phase
- Operates in a linear mode during the constant voltage phase in both adapter.
more information: https://www.renesas.com/eu/en/